Are you looking to get ahead in your professional life, in your personal life, in life in general? We often look at the world as the grass is always greener somewhere else, when in fact, we have lots to celebrate in our own lives. Rather than celebrating our successes, we often move on to ‘what’s next,’ yet we tend to hold on to the failures in our lives and reminisce over them. I could have done this better, I should have done that, etc.
“Our thoughts create our reality – where we put our focus is the direction we tend to go.” ~ Peter McWilliams
Rather than focusing on how Bob Smith sale’s were twice as many as your own last month, focus on the great connections you made and the amazing opportunities ahead. Place your focus on the direction you want your life to go. When you begin to have a positive focus, you find yourself in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.
Daily Refocusing tips:
1. Begin your day by thinking of at least three people you are grateful for and why you are grateful for them. Set your intentions for the day ahead by planning to meet the right people, at the right time, in the right place.
2. Throughout the day, stay in a place of appreciation. Appreciate what is already running smoothly in your life. Even appreciate the negative experiences, as they give you the perfect opportunity to see what you DON’T want in your life and then you can turn it around to thoughts of what you do want.
3. Be kind. Give authentic praise to those around you. Hold the door open for people. These simple gestures will make others day, which in the end, has a positive impact on you. You will be amazed at all the smiles you’ll get that lifts your mood.
4. Be gentle with yourself and others. We tend to beat ourselves up on the could have, should have scenarios. Give each moment your best shot, apologize if need be, accept the apology if need be, and let it go.
5. End your day with positive thoughts. As you prepare to go to sleep, be thankful for the day you just had by appreciating three people or events of the day. Set your focus on having a great tomorrow filled with the perfect people, in the perfect situations, in the perfect time.
Place your focus on the path ahead of you, and you’ll get there sooner than you could have imagined.
Positive Focus Productions produces event in Chicago featuring internationally recognized author/speakers that inspire, empower, and encourage people to live big, love big, and give big.
Written by Carol Miller
Originally posted: http://www.salesresultsblog.com/2010/08/02/369/