Global Free Hugs (GFH) Mission:
To spread kindness through the simple gesture of a free hug and let people know they matter in the world.
When is it held?
GFH is an annual event held the first weekend of May.
Because you want to be part of a positive solution bringing more love and kindness in the world simply by offering a hug.
Global Hug Intentions
- Huggers in every continent
- Hugging in as many countries as possible
- Hugging in all 50 states
- Peace leaders and organizations to participate
- Letting people know they matter with the simple gesture of a free hug
How to Participate:
- Have an open heart, open mind, open arms and a willingness to spread kindness
- Create a free hug sign
- Find a public place to offer free hugs to those walking by – enlist friends or go by yourself
- Take pictures and email them to email@example.com or post on the Positive Focus Facebook Event page.
- Share your hug experience with us on our Facebook event page or via email.
- Public events preferred, however please join us if you are having a private event and/or simply hugging your family and friends that day. Send your pictures and we will include them on Facebook and in the video if there is room.
- Note: You will find that lots of people will walk by without getting a hug, yet many of them will smile, so know they have been touched as well.
Sign up for…
The History of Free Hugs:
Free Hugs began in 2004 by Juan Mann in Australia. Feeling alone, he made a free hugs sign and stood in a public location holding his sign. It was new, it was scary, it was powerful. He continued to offers hugs to strangers and the movement continued to grow. The 2006 original free hug video brought the movement to a global scale. CLICK HERE to read his story.
Global Hug Map
Current Locations (2018):
Continents (4): Asia, Australia, Europe, North America
Countries (7): Australia, Austria, England, India, Portugal, Taiwan, USA
US States (12): Alabama, California, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington
Past Global Locations
(6 of 7)
|Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America|
|Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam|
|Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Washington DC, Puerto Rico|
|Peace Leaders & Organizations||Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Humanity’s Team, Positive Focus, DH Facilitadores|
Original Free Hug Video
Loving The World One Free Hug At A Time.
Global Free Hugs 10 (2016 & 17′)
Global Free Hugs 10 (2015)
Global Free Hugs 9 (2014)
Global Free Hugs 8 (2013)
Global Free Hugs 7 (2012)
Global Free Hugs 6 (2011)
Global Free Hugs 5 (Fall 2010)
Global Free Hugs 4 (Spring 2010)
Global Free Hugs 3 (Fall 2009)
Global Free Hugs 2 (Spring 2009)
Global Free Hugs 2 – Chicago (Spring 2009)
Global Free Hugs 1 – Kids Style (Fall 2008)
Global Free Hugs 1 (Fall 2008)
My Story of 8 Years of Hugging